Are baths a requirement?

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Are baths a requirement?

Postby TackoFallForPres » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:28 am

I used to bath him once a week for about 15 minutes but then someone said I didn't have to. I probably bathe him once or twice a week since he gets poop on him for about 5 minutes. Is this okay? I also give him water sometimes
TackoFallForPres
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Are baths a requirement?

Postby ComicBookMama » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:37 am

If your beardie doesn't drink from the bath and isn't smeared with poop, baths don't do much for them, unless you have a beardie that likes the water (mine doesn't). Keep an eye on the texture and consistency of your dragon's droppings, particularly the urates, which should be white and soft, not hard and chalky. If everything is well formed and soft, you're good to go without a bath. :)
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
1.0 Bearded Dragons - Figment
1.0 dogs - Ariel
1.0 cats - Skimble
1.0 husband
1.0 son
ComicBookMama
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Claudiusx » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:46 pm

They are not a requirement but if your dragon likes them, they don't cause any harm.

They only are an issue if your dragon doesn't like them, or gets stressed out from baths.

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

Postby TackoFallForPres » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:10 am

ComicBookMama wrote:If your beardie doesn't drink from the bath and isn't smeared with poop, baths don't do much for them, unless you have a beardie that likes the water (mine doesn't). Keep an eye on the texture and consistency of your dragon's droppings, particularly the urates, which should be white and soft, not hard and chalky. If everything is well formed and soft, you're good to go without a bath. :)

Ok thanks
TackoFallForPres
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion