bath!!!

clyde612

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Hi there!

I gave Clyde his 4th bath today, I’ve had him for just over a month and he’s just over 3 months old now. Usually he doesn’t love baths but last time he tolerated it and this time he loved it!! It was hard to get him out and he kept running back in! However, I’m curious about the waterline. It was a little higher today and although it wasn’t above his front armpits/shoulders, he would put his arms down and “swim.” Should I be concerned? I’ve read some thing about baths being potentially dangerous to their respiratory systems. He did not “fall asleep” at all in his bath, he was just having fun. But when he “swims” his ear holes get close to the water line and I get worried he could get an ear infection?? At a certain point he did dip his head down a little, seemingly out of curiosity (he was alert)? I just want to make sure I’m making bath time as safe as possible for him :)

Sarthon

Awww this is precious. I think it’s just fine. To me it sounds like he was just enjoying a swim. However , I would monitor him at all times when giving a bath since he sounds adventurous.

I recommend giving a bath once a week so you don’t dry out their skin. I’m not sure if that’s a thing, but it’s better to be safe than sorry.❤️

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
I just read it’s more about hygiene then hydration, unless they actually drink in the bath. He’s not the best water-drinker even in the bath but it does make it easier for me to run water over his snout which he does drink! And yes I always monitor him :)

And water in their ears? I see some crazy on insta with dragons in bubbling foot baths and it's too deep as well as water splattering into ears. Plus the chlorine for too long! I let Standley in warmed bathtub until he stops drinking and that it!

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
And water in their ears? I see some crazy on insta with dragons in bubbling foot baths and it's too deep as well as water splattering into ears. Plus the chlorine for too long! I let Standley in warmed bathtub until he stops drinking and that it!
I saw this too and was wondering how they were able to maintain the correct amount of water. I found this so interesting!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom