Health questions! Concerned about my beardie!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lissarahi

Hi I’m new to the beardie community I have a 4-5 month old beardie his name is Aragon. (We just got him a week ago) At night when it’s time for lights out Aragon usually goes to bed no problem. And he usually poops once a day but he didn’t poop for two days until yesterday. He has a little more yellow in his urate which I know could be too much calcium in his diet.I noticed two days ago that he hasn’t really been eating his vegetables, but he will eat his crickets during feeding and last night he did not sleep at all, he fell “asleep” at around 5 am. This morning he puffed his beard out at me 3 times and opened his mouth while doing so and turning a little black, he also has been squirmish in my hands yesterday and today but he’s been fine all the other times I’ve held him... I am worried about this behavior, can someone please reply and maybe suggest things that might be going on? Also I relocated him from my kitchen into my brothers room and we added a background because we notice he was glass surfing a lot.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hes going thru relocation stress so his eating is going to be off -- please go over the lighting in the tank UVB is it a coil or a tube fixture? Brand and bulb where in the tank is it? Basking temps how are you taking them ? What are they?

Lissarahi

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1xrxzvwc said:
Hes going thru relocation stress so his eating is going to be off -- please go over the lighting in the tank UVB is it a coil or a tube fixture? Brand and bulb where in the tank is it? Basking temps how are you taking them ? What are they?

Hi the UVB is a tube fixture the brand is Zilla slime lime he also has a dome uvb bulb I think by zoomed the wattage is 150 I think. He is also in a 40 gallon tank, the UVB is on top of the hood of the cage basking temps is between 100-115 and cool wide is at around 75-80 I have two heat thermometers on either end of his cage and a humidity thermometer In the middle of the tank humidity is usually between 25-38

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok the basking bulb is the 150 watt? And are you getting temps w/ a digital probe thermometer? The Zilla slimline fixture is ok I recommend you take the bulb out and get this bulb its a way better bulb Reptisun 10.0 T 8 --- when you replace the bulb leave the cover off and put the fixture / hood in the tank directly above his basking decor 6-8 inches --- the T 8's are not strong enough to go thru the screen and the cover if left on is blocking even more UVB -- you want that bulb Unobstructed from the cover and the screen -- make sure you replace that bulb in about 5 months --- they say 6 but I always recommend about a month prior to

Lissarahi

Original Poster
KarrieRee":11f3bwl6 said:
Ok the basking bulb is the 150 watt? And are you getting temps w/ a digital probe thermometer? The Zilla slimline fixture is ok I recommend you take the bulb out and get this bulb its a way better bulb Reptisun 10.0 T 8 --- when you replace the bulb leave the cover off and put the fixture / hood in the tank directly above his basking decor 6-8 inches --- the T 8's are not strong enough to go thru the screen and the cover if left on is blocking even more UVB -- you want that bulb Unobstructed from the cover and the screen -- make sure you replace that bulb in about 5 months --- they say 6 but I always recommend about a month prior to

110640-2147233063.jpg
I’m not using a digital thermometer but I am uploading an image so u can see which one I have.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please get rid of the red light- they are harmful to the eyes and can cause long term eye damage--- please get a digital probe thermometer stick ons do not give accurate basking temps- you want a bright white basking bulb NO COLORED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom