HYDRATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

clyde612

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Hi there,
I'm trying to figure out the best way to keep my beardie hydrated. He's 3 month old now and I've had him for a month. I drop water on his nose sometimes but this is very tedious. I've used a plastic (not-sharp) syringe but he doesn't really like it. I was using a spray bottle but I tried drinking some of the water from it this morning and it tasted like plastic! No bueno. The misting/spraying seems like a good option for him, but where can I find a glass sprayer or one that is okay for reptiles (even when using warm water, which he prefers)? The white part of his poop is usually at least a little bit hard if not pretty hard... how hard/soft should it be? I currently bathe him once a week, should I up bathing? I live in a dry area (Colorado) so he has a water bowl in his tank, but I don't think he drinks from it and he doesn't even drink his bath water when I bathe him (unless I run some drops over his face). I always use britta water but it seems like he is too much like me and doesn't drink enough :/

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Are you feeding salads -- most dragons get their hydration from the salads they eat -- rinse before serving --- http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Add the BSFL in front of him so it gets his attention DO NOT dust them --
Make sure your staple insect feeder is gut loaded w/ a good hydrator --like carrots etc -- that too will keep him hydrated
His poop should be firm moist and dark - urate white formed and moist -- no chalky or dried out looking --

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Yes I feed salad every day, but he is little so his diet is mainly insects, I give his roaches endive. I think I'm going to get bsfl, but why shouldn't I coat them? His urinate is not usually chalky but also not soft.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The urate will have some firmness to it that is normal -- the BSFL are calcium enriched -- please dont dust them -- feed the salads first thing in the morning w/ your BSFL on top - you want him eating some of those salads even if a little -- you can also put your roaches in the bowl after hes eaten from the bowl for like a hr or so then add the roaches --- it will bring him back to that bowl --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom