Loss of appetite on panacur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, so my beardie's faecal test came back positive for pinworm and coccidia and the vet has given me panacur and sulfatrim. He said to start with the panacur first for 3 days and I've been doing that.

His doses were: panacur 0.13ml for 3 days, sulfatrim 0.1ml for 10 days

However, he's now not eating his greens and doesn't drink water when I put it on his nose. Is it normal for them to lose their appetites on panacur? I've been trying to give him Reptoboost but since he won't eat or drink anything I'm not quite sure how to give it to him. I've also heard that sulfatrim is harsher on them so I'm not looking forward to the next week or so :(

TL;DR is it normal for him to lose his appetite and not eat when on meds? And how do I give probiotics if he won't eat? Thank you!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there , some dragons lose appetite on meds., others don't. Is your beardie a good weight and can you post pics of him ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Do you know if the parasite levels were low , moderate or high ? Can you ask your vet to get Ponazuril for coccidia rather than the sulfa, it often works in just 2-3 doses. Ten days on the sulfa sounds excessive. Panacur is usually well tolerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom