Beardie Swallowed a tiny bit of lotion

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Beardie Swallowed a tiny bit of lotion

Postby maddy16274 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:15 pm

My bearded dragon was running around outside of her enclosure, when she suddenly licked a glob of lotion I had forgotten to clean up off the floor, thinking it was calcium. She seems fine so far... She's extremely energetic at the moment and only ate a tiny bit. Though she did have a very small amount of diarrhea about 15 minutes later... It could be related but it might not be... I'm really not sure. Should I be worried?

If anyone's wondering, the lotion brand was hempz. Since they're pretty non-toxic from the looks of it I have a feeling that everything will probably be fine, but I just wanted to make sure.
maddy16274
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:09 pm
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Beardie Swallowed a tiny bit of lotion

Postby Drache613 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:43 am

Hello,

Your dragon should be fine, especially if the lotion was non toxic. Do the ingredients have
anything toxic that you can determine?
Just keep him hydrated to help flush out his system. You could get some activated charcoal,
to help detoxify his system. Also, cilantro, parsley, mint, basil & oregano can be mixed & then
blended up into a liquid or paste & given daily to help detoxify his system, too.

Tracie
User avatar
Drache613
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 41366
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:33 pm
Location: May, Texas
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -


Return to Beardie ER

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alyshaci