Is anyone else's dragon acting weird?

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Is anyone else's dragon acting weird?

Postby Selkie1993 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:58 am

Hi there,

Just curious to see if others noticed their beardies have slowed down? Drogon just took his last dose of anti parasitic but there are days where he's active and then sleepy days. Still not eating much. My dad's friend has a dragon who said he's been in a brumation mode. Anyone else seeing the same behavior?

Selkie
Selkie
Selkie1993
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Is anyone else's dragon acting weird?

Postby CooperDragon » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:05 am

I'm starting to see Darwin slow down a bit and go to sleep by late afternoon. His usual brumation behavior starts in late summer and into the fall. He's coming down from post brumation high energy levels so this isn't unusual. Keep an eye on weight and I'd keep lighting and food offering the same even if they don't want to eat anything. In your case it may be due to the meds. They tend to be on different cycles regarding brumation so what other dragons are doing isn't necessarily an indicator of what to expect along those lines.
CooperDragon

Postby ComicBookMama » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:11 am

Figment has been slowed down for a while now, pooping less frequently and not eating as much. No signs of brumation, though he's still young - just over a year old.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
1.0 Bearded Dragons - Figment
1.0 dogs - Ariel
1.0 cats - Skimble
1.0 husband
1.0 son
ComicBookMama
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Selkie1993 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:49 am

CooperDragon wrote:I'm starting to see Darwin slow down a bit and go to sleep by late afternoon. His usual brumation behavior starts in late summer and into the fall. He's coming down from post brumation high energy levels so this isn't unusual. Keep an eye on weight and I'd keep lighting and food offering the same even if they don't want to eat anything. In your case it may be due to the meds. They tend to be on different cycles regarding brumation so what other dragons are doing isn't necessarily an indicator of what to expect along those lines.

Thankfully he just got his last dose last night. between January through February he went from 692 g to 680g. Is that bad?
Selkie
Selkie1993
Hatchling Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:48 pm

Nah that's not much of a drop at all. Nothing to worry about there. He's a big dude at 680g. My Darwin usually tops out around 550g =)
CooperDragon

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health