Does my beardie's tongue look healthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clyde612

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Hi there,

I just switched to rubber-tipped tweezers because my little guy (Clyde) ate a roach straight out of the tweezers the other day and it worried my because the tweezers are a little sharp. Since then I've been pretty paranoid about his tongue, but he seems happy and not stressed. I finally was able to take a really up-close pic today. I know his tongue is supposed to be white at the tip and that's normal, but is there maybe some discoloration? Does it look healthy? Will he be okay?

full

full

-Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
His tongue looks good to me --- I would however start letting him eat on his own so he doesnt get accustom to you hand feeding him - other wise you will have a hard time when he gets older and wont eat unless you hand feed him

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
KarrieRee":1f7crmkz said:
His tongue looks good to me --- I would however start letting him eat on his own so he doesnt get accustom to you hand feeding him - other wise you will have a hard time when he gets older and wont eat unless you hand feed him

Okay! I didn't think about that, but I heard they can get lazy. I don't have a great bowl that the roaches can't crawl out of but I'll look into getting one :)

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
KarrieRee":1pp38zh8 said:
I can post a link for one tomorrow
Okay! I do make him run over to his bowl to eat, so at least he's not getting too lazy lol! But it would be nice to just put them in there when I'm in a rush and to prefer him to eat greens when he's older (he does eat greens now but only when he's already near them).

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Okay, posting some more pics on here because I am STILL paranoid about his cute little tongue.

These are from today.

full

full

full

See the little black part? Is that okay... is it just the slit? It seems a little dark...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom