Strange coloration/ possible scale rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran007

Hi, first time poster so I'm not sure how to start this but I have a female bearded dragon that I got from a friend back in November of last year. She just turned a year old and when I had her out tonight I noticed an oddity with a part of her scales on her side/back and I'm worried about the possibility of scale rot. Her humidity stays at around 30-40%. So far her appetite is normal and she doesn't seem unusually lethargic either. I am planning on contacting my vet tomorrow but figured it couldn't hurt to post on here as well. I've also attached a couple photos.
110616-2395109553.jpg
110616-3569508796.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That just looks like a patch that is about to shed. I don't see cause for concern in those photos.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, just a patch of shed that can be found anywhere. Leg, head, tail, etc. Everything looks fine. :)

Kieran007

Original Poster
Thank you Cooper and AHBD! This shed just looks different than the others we've been through and wanted confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom