Dry wrinkly white bearded dragon scales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diegor

Hello I’m just extremely worried for my bearded because she has a few wrinkly individual scales and they look dried up. Her temps are 88-95 she has a 10.0 coil uvb. She eats collard greens dusted with calcium once or twice a week and 3 or 2 male adult Dubia roaches every now and then.She is active and eats really good, but she sits most of her day in the dark but I don’t think it’s brumation. Please help I want to know what it is!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am gonna say its the coil UVB --- please get rid of it-- they are inadequate for a UVB --- too many health issues --- please get a long tube fixture --- like a Zoo Med -- Sunblaster -- or a Arcadia -- 24" for a 40+ gallon tank w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia 12% bulb--- these are the best on the market at this time --- basking temps need to be 95-110 for a adult dragon -- they do tend to like the 95-100 temp and that temp needs to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- NO stick ons they are inaccurate -- get your lighting changed out and temps correct and go from there on the behavior as far as the shedding please post a pic of her please --- NO colored bulbs in the tank either please -- the basking bulb needs to be a bright white bulb --

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Some pictures of your girl would be helpful. Is she getting ready to shed perhaps?
Pictures of your tank setup would be great also!
How long have her scales appeared this way?
You can try giving a daily bath for awhile, along with oral fluids using a plastic dropper or
syringe for hydration to see if that helps out.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom