Dragon only likes calcium covered crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

flygilmore

So we've got a 3.5 month old dragon that is doing well. Lately, he only wants crickets that are covered in calcium. I can put plain crickets in his tank and he basically ignores them. If I pick those same crickets up and shake them in the calcium bag he eats them fast as he can. So here's my question.....
Can I give him ALL his crickets with calcium
(prob- 10-20 day) EVERY DAY or is that too much calcium? If not, what do yall suggest and has anyone had a dragon that's been the same way? He used to eat them plain but lately prefers them white.
Thanks!!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Calcium coated crickets are a good thing. Just offer a nice thin coat on all of them. I usually shake them in a cup with some calcium powder so there is a light even coat and the excess just falls to the bottom of the cup. If you are not coating them too heavily, I don't think that offering calcium coated bugs at every meal is likely to cause an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom