bearded dragon lump in stomach

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Two separate bulbs ? correct? You dont want any lights on at nite --- they like cool and dark preferably around 68-75 at nite - CHE's are good for nite to keep tanks from falling below 65 or so

tomkz1

Original Poster
The t5 bulbs seem to be different lengths the inside height of his viv is 16" at the lowest and about 12" under his heat lamp and the width is around 47" the t5 kit I was planning on upgrading to is the arcadia t5 pro with a 12.0 bulb and built in reflector the bulb lengths are 22" or 34" which length should I get and do you think the height is alright as the t5's seem to have a higher output opinions seem to be very different depending on the source some seem to think it's to close others seem to think it's ok I'm planning on upgrading to t5 as most people seem to agree t5 is superior to t8

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The T 5 is stronger output than the T 8 and you need a distance of 12-15 inches so your tank is just under the 15 inches from farthest and I would recommend the 22" hood --

tomkz1

Original Poster
Ok thanks and most sources seem to think that it's best to mount it on the ceiling towards the back or front to create more of a light gradient so that they can get away from it a bit if they want to

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes -- you can mount in the back or towards the front as long as he can escape those rays -- it is optimal to try and have it as close to the basking light as possible but if you cant thats ok he will go to the light he needs

tomkz1

Original Poster
Ok thanks for your help I'll add that to my shopping list I'm doing a bit of a viv overhaul at the moment so it's gonna get expensive but he's worth it ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon this evening?
It can be a bit challenging to get the lighting optimized but, once it is all correct, then it will
stay that way for quite awhile! The T5 tubes from either the Reptisun or Arcadia are both
great & do last a lot longer than the T8 tubes do.
Let us know how he is doing@

Tracie

tomkz1

Original Poster
He's been doing alright the new lighting should hopefully get here by the end of the week

tomkz1

Original Poster
He seems to be much more active recently but still seems a bit clumsy he just over-balanced when climbing on one of his rocks and rolled onto his back so that is worrying me a bit I'm planning on booking him in to an exotic vet that is about 30 miles away from me on Monday hopefully I don't get pulled over on the way because in England at the moment they're telling people to stay local and fining people who don't but I feel this is important so I'm willing to try get him there any advise for the meantime would be highly appreciated thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom