Bearded Dragon lump on head

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoahErps

My bearded dragon has a lump on the back of his head. Right above his ear and just in back of his line of spikes. We think it’s an abscess but there’s a possibility of it being an aneurysm or tumor. It’s very new.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh dear, that is probably going to be an abscess, aneurism or a tumor. My guess is that it
is most likely going to be an abscess or aneurism. Has he fallen that you know of or hit his
head possibly?
Is he acting normal & eating as he usually does?
Since it seems like it came on suddenly you will definitely have to monitor this situation. Do
you have a vet you could get him in to see?

Tracie

NoahErps

Original Poster
Yes, we are booking a vet appointment ASAP. He is acting just as he was without it. He’s eating normal and will run around. We are just making sure he doesn’t hit his head so if it is an aneurysm, it won’t rupture. We were just away for a week and when we came back he had it, so I don’t know if he hit his head or not. One of the people who was taking care of him though sent a a picture of him and it looked like it was starting to appear. It was like half or 1/4 of the size it is now. Once it reached the size it is now, it hasn’t gotten any bigger, it’s just stayed the same size. I have also put VERY slight pressure on the lump and he didn’t show any reaction, so I don’t think it is hurting him at the moment.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Let us know how the vet visit goes. I am glad to hear he is not acting ill though, that is
a great sign!
That is good it hasn't gotten any larger right now & doesn't seem to hurt when you touch
it, bless him. Definitely try to keep him from having to climb too much so he can't hit his
head on anything right now.
Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

NoahErps

Original Poster
The vet visit went good. They didn’t do any x rays yet, they just looked at it. They highly doubt that it’s a tumor or aneurysm because of the shape. We’ll bring him back in a week or two for the x ray.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good news the vet visit went without incident! So you will be going back for x-rays
soon then?
How is he doing, still active & has an appetite I hope?

Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Myra

The vet visit went good. They didn’t do any x rays yet, they just looked at it. They highly doubt that it’s a tumor or aneurysm because of the shape. We’ll bring him back in a week or two for the x ray.
Hi, how is he doing? My son just seen a lump on our Draco's head too.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good news then, the vet didn't feel it was a tumor or an aneurysm. How is he doing today?
Hopefully he will continue to improve for you. Let us know how the x-rays look too. You can post a
picture of them here too if you would like.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom