Baby beardy was attack by adult

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashmash

Our baby about 3 months was attacked by our 7 year old. She likely sustained back injuries to lower end as hind legs are not moving
She has been living a couple days like in a coma in and out. Today I think she was scold we put her on a heated rice pack and are holding her and her color immediately came back to her dark colors
Bathing seems to stress her out so we are trying to warm her
This will be critical day as most appear in chats to make some improvements

Just when we think we lost her she moved positions and we find her some other place in tank
We have eye dropper to give her water

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
This sounds like something you will need to see a vet for. Beardies will often hide the extent of their injuries as best they can, and it sounds like this was a pretty serious incident. I hope you're not housing the two together, and in the future, you will definitely not want to have them out of their habs together, either. I'm sorry that someone didn't convey the danger to you sooner... :(

Ashmash

Original Poster
Yes they have different habitats and they are separated
She’s bouncing back today and vets have no openings this week but thanks

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Ashmash":1f490ch0 said:
Then, how did this happen?
I have 2 dragons and neither of them know that the other exist!!! It is safer this way. Dragons are NOT friendly to each other.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your little one doing? Did you move the baby's tank away from your older one's so
that the presence of the larger one doesn't stress your little one?
Your little one has improved though, is he/she moving the back legs?

Tracie

Ashmash

Original Poster
Drache613":76vtxw7v said:
Hello,

How is your little one doing? Did you move the baby's tank away from your older one's so
that the presence of the larger one doesn't stress your little one?
Your little one has improved though, is he/she moving the back legs?

Tracie

She’s a fighter and trying to stay w us. Yesterday was a strong day for her. She is drinking too. Today not as strong but she will look that way and then I find her on the other side of her tank basking in the light up against her wall or rock like she likes. Vets around here have been booked so we are doing our best to help her be comfortable til we get seen. The littles are holding and talking to her and she does better when they are around her.
Thanks for asking

Ashmash

Original Poster
Gormagon":1znzj15s said:
Ashmash":1znzj15s said:
Then, how did this happen?
I have 2 dragons and neither of them know that the other exist!!! It is safer this way. Dragons are NOT friendly to each other.

Not sure that matters for the purpose of this posting or forum and for the record it’s more helpful when people reach out to be mindful of tone. If my daughter was the one writing this I would not want her to see this exchange. Thank you for the information. Their habitats are in opposing ends of the home and baby is trying to mend and heal.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
As you stated, it is a learning tool. The reason I asked the question is to let others know what can happen in certain situations. Sorry if it bothered you that I asked.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Things don't seem right. If your vet is busy and you have an emergency then they should tell you the address of the nearest veterinary hospital that can care for an exotic. Or many offices have held times for emergencies. This is urgent. Waiting for a vet appointment is not something that should be recommended. I do not know anything more than the few sentences posted here but it doesn't make sense.

I also would ask how the injury occured. The duration of how long one animal attacking another is information. If you do not know how long or other details that is also information. All beardies are territorial, it's a neutral fact about why animal on animal attacks can happen.

Ashmash

Original Poster
Baby was seen by dr today. Nothing conclusive but she has some movement in her tail just not sure if voluntary or involuntary but she’s alive and possibly mending. We have more info now on her and are set up to do supportive care for her while she tries to heal. She came home and we are grateful to work w her while she mends.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is really good news your baby is hanging in there. Post pictures when you can so we
can see her. Are you keeping him a little warmer overnight to help boost the immune system?
It is promising he has hung on for this long but he sounds like he is slowly getting better.

Please keep us posted on him.

Tracie

Ashmash

Original Poster
Drache613":f9248i75 said:
Hello,

That is really good news your baby is hanging in there. Post pictures when you can so we
can see her. Are you keeping him a little warmer overnight to help boost the immune system?
It is promising he has hung on for this long but he sounds like he is slowly getting better.

Please keep us posted on him.

Tracie

Sorry I am not able to upload a photo at this time... the button isn’t working for me... I will try. Stella is eating her slurry today and still showing positive signs. Thanks for the positivity and checking in. My daughter has started to read from this site and is learning so much.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
This site is a wonderful resource for learning about Beardies... it really got me through my first year with my Figment! Never hesitate to post a question; there are lots of veteran dragon parents out there ready to jump in with advice at a moment's notice!

Ashmash

Original Poster
110576-8121370198.jpg

Today she is tracking w eyes and head moved for sound!!!! She’s eating the slurry and we got her tank warmed w correct lights and pain meds now three days in

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
It is good that your little one is doing better. Little ones like that should never be near an adult because they see them as food!
I am sure the incident was purely accidental!!! But I guess we'll never know for sure!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom