One week since losing my beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Its honestly hard to believe!
I still look into the tank to check on her, only to be sad and disappointed she's not there anymore. I didn't realize I had that habit of walking by to just look at her. I haven't done it any less! I guess it got ingrained on me to always check on her? Its actually kinda depressing. Anyway, I'm still sad about her, I really was expecting her to be around for like twice as long as she was! I can't believe she was that sick when her symptoms seemed to be going away!
Even after having so many pets, I never get used to losing them.
Anyway, I guess I'm still not over it.
I also want to thank all the people who gave me suggestions and comments on my dragon photos.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I am truely sorry for your loss.
I have gone through this twice in five years and there is only one thing that I have found that will ease the pain. Get yourself a new buddy for the viv. A new dragon will not replace your dragon, it will continue your adventure on a new level.

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Gormagon":6km9sqyq said:
I am truely sorry for your loss.
I have gone through this twice in five years and there is only one thing that I have found that will ease the pain. Get yourself a new buddy for the viv. A new dragon will not replace your dragon, it will continue your adventure on a new level.

Thanks, I truly enjoyed having an exotic and brightly colored pet. Blaze was actually my third dragon.
I'm thinking about getting another, but I want to go to an exotic pet show and see about getting one there.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this loss.

When my partner and I lost our first little buddy, we also found ourselves looking into the enclosure all the time. We ended up turning it into a little memorial until we were ready to get our next dragon.

106082-5845500124.jpg

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
As beautiful and heart tugging that memorial is, doing that for Peaches would have torn me apart. I still after 2yrs, 4 months, and 26 days, I still have a hard time just looking at her pictures on my phone????

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I think we all know exactly how you feel, the sorrow & pain from losing a precious dragon.
We all deal with grief in different ways, as well as in various lengths of time. I don't handle
or deal with losing one very well, either. :cry:
We are all here for you. I hope that in time, you can find peace.

Tracie

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey thanks people.
That memorial is neat, but that would make me too sad.
Blaze had a life of adventures and cuddles! She would climb in the bushes, hide under ferns, eat the clovers in the yard. Try to escape, and puff at me when I cought her! She also seemed to like being wrapped up in my blanket, she would curl up and go to sleep.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
All of what you're feeling is normal and relatable by all of us... you need to remember Blaze and grieve in your own way, taking your time and moving on when it feels right to you. Just know that we're all here to listen as you work through the process. This is one place, at least, where people will genuinely understand how you feel and won't wonder why you're grieving for your beloved pet.

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
ComicBookMama":1dck8vx7 said:
All of what you're feeling is normal and relatable by all of us... you need to remember Blaze and grieve in your own way, taking your time and moving on when it feels right to you. Just know that we're all here to listen as you work through the process. This is one place, at least, where people will genuinely understand how you feel and won't wonder why you're grieving for your beloved pet.

Thanks. I just wasn't expecting to lose her so soon!
I'm planning on getting another one, hopefully they will still have my town exotic pet show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom