Dubia size question

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sure. I feed adult roaches to my adult dragon all the time. As long as they are able to chew them up then they are OK for feeding. The size issue tends to be more geared toward very young dragons who may not be able to chew the food down to an appropriate size for their digestive tract to handle easily. If the bugs are newly molted, then it's even easier for them to be chewed and digested. They can handle roaches with their full shell too. The crunchy shells are good for their tooth and gum health.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
CooperDragon":gludxeau said:
Sure. I feed adult roaches to my adult dragon all the time. As long as they are able to chew them up then they are OK for feeding. The size issue tends to be more geared toward very young dragons who may not be able to chew the food down to an appropriate size for their digestive tract to handle easily. If the bugs are newly molted, then it's even easier for them to be chewed and digested. They can handle roaches with their full shell too. The crunchy shells are good for their tooth and gum health.
is it advised to go slightly bigger or smaller on juveniles with roaches im struggling to get my beardie the right size roach for her

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It boils down to how easily she can chew them apart. If she seems to struggle to chew a larger one, offer smaller ones going forward. If she's able to break up the larger ones without much issue, then they are probably OK to offer.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
CooperDragon":1nn0u4rg said:
It boils down to how easily she can chew them apart. If she seems to struggle to chew a larger one, offer smaller ones going forward. If she's able to break up the larger ones without much issue, then they are probably OK to offer.

Was thinking about that too also for size comparison she is a juvenile 17 inches space between her eyes are 1 inch and I got 7/8th dubias hoping she eats them im just hesitant bc she has had a compaction issue for the 1st time this year sense I owned her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom