Bearded dragon not eating bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slawson

I’m very concerned about my dragon Gobi. He is 7ish months old. He used to eat amazing, his diet was mostly roaches and hornworms and his greens. Now he literally has no interest in any bug, he does eat some greens most days. He does look as though he’s lost some weight also. He’s in a 40 gallon breeder right now, I just changed his uvb. He does bask, but most of the day now he is glass surfing a lot, which is also fairly new behavior. Can anybody please help me understand what’s going on with him. Thanks in advance.
109334-2110663997.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hormones are kicking in --- some are off the food now-- not eating as much-- my older one whos 3 is doing alot of glass surfing now --- wants out all the time - hes driving me nuts! Hes eating a little like worms very little salad and a few roaches - I just keep up the same routine and am letting him out to sit in the LR on the chair to look outside -- I would way Gobi and watch the weight --- if it continues to decline you might want to schedule a vet appt -- what does the poop look like? Bad smelling like real bad runny? That could be a sign of parasites -- but wait and see if the weight continues to go down - weigh him on a kitchen food scale and weigh in grams -- and if you decide to have a fecal done take it in NO enemas

Slawson

Original Poster
His poop seems normal, not as big because he’s not eating as much. It doesn’t smell horrible or anything.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That's good - just watch his weight - sounds like hormones and time if year

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Not sure mines been doing it for several weeks now it always starts up in Jan / Feb

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Slawson":353f8c6s said:
How long does the crazy hormone time last? ?

It varies between dragons. My guy usually goes crazy for a couple of months after he comes out of brumation. Loses a bit of weight with lack of appetite and increased activity. As he slows down again, his appetite comes back and his weight returns to normal. Rinse, repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom