Saliva build up and lethargic!!

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Saliva build up and lethargic!!

Postby Minimarsh » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:15 am

hello, my beardie had a build up saliva around his mouth, he has gulping and breathing heavy ( also opening his mouth to breath after eating) i took him to the vet and they treated him for a respiratory infection. He got baytril for 2 weeks, but he hasn’t been eating, he’s not interested in crickets or worms, i gave him rapashy ( recommended by the vet) and he hasn’t been pooping, he still has a lot of saliva and some crust forming on the bottom lip, i’m not sure what i should do to help or what’s wrong
Minimarsh
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Saliva build up and lethargic!!

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:28 pm

What are you using for a UVB? Coil or tube? Uvb is extremely important for the overall health along w/.basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? No stick ons please--- what is the humidity in the tank?
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Re: Saliva build up and lethargic!!

Postby CooperDragon » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:27 am

The Baytril may have affected his appetite. Is he done with the prescribed dose now? I would offer plenty of water by dripping it on his nose to lick up as well as offering bugs that are gutloaded with fresh veges and hydrating options like squash. When he does regain his appetite, those may help out.

Can you post some photos of him and the affected area around his mouth? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply.
CooperDragon

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER