Daily salad treats

Discuss topics of food for your beardies here.

Daily salad treats

Postby TheBeard9789 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:05 pm

Hey guys something I have been doing lately is offerings wax worms and/or mealworms in my beardies salad in the morning is it actually ok for a few on her food every morning? I layer them like a cake so she has to eat her veggies/greens to get them last few days I have put only mealworms in her morning salad no wax worms and with the mealworms she can be stubborn and can careless if she doesn't wanna eat on a given day (shedding) she goes bonkers over wax worms 😁

Just looking for some feedback
TheBeard9789
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Daily salad treats

Postby CooperDragon » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:44 pm

Yeah that's OK to an extent as long as she's eating the veges along with the bugs. That encourages eating a varied diet which is good. Just don't want her to get too dependent on a single food source, especially if it's something like waxworms with a high fat content. If she doesn't want to eat some days, that's OK. Their appetites will fluctuate naturally.
CooperDragon

Postby TheBeard9789 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:07 am

CooperDragon wrote:Yeah that's OK to an extent as long as she's eating the veges along with the bugs. That encourages eating a varied diet which is good. Just don't want her to get too dependent on a single food source, especially if it's something like waxworms with a high fat content. If she doesn't want to eat some days, that's OK. Their appetites will fluctuate naturally.

Ya she seems to want them and only them think cuz they are soft and pop in her mouth
TheBeard9789
Newbie Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:12 pm

She may love silk worms and hornworms if that's the case. Certainly worth trying out.
CooperDragon

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Feeding