Possible brumation

Have any questions about one of the many subtle behaviors a beardie has? Ask and discuss it here!

Possible brumation

Postby Melaniec » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:26 pm

If I'm in the wrong forum please direct me to the right one :)
Hello! I have a question about my beardie possibly going into brumation. Last night she went into her hide a few hours before her lights went off, and she's been in there since then (it's now been 24 hours she's in there). I offered her some worms last night and she ate them right up but then went back into her hide and hasn't left. What should I do for her? Leave her light schedule the same & keep offering food in a daily basis?
Also, I can't really tell if she's been more sluggish than usual because she has muscular dystrophy so she isn't *that* active anyways.
Thanks in advance!
Melaniec
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Possible brumation

Postby destiny1998 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:16 pm

Hi. How old is she? Can you give a rundown of the set up?
destiny1998
Extreme Poster

Postby NivAndBlu » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:22 pm

October is a pretty winter-y month and that is why it just sleeps so much, by spring, It will start acting normal again!
nivandblu 2020
NivAndBlu
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:26 am

It is possible she is in semi brumation they all slow down in the winter time going to bed earlier etc - but lets rule out her lighting first --- what are you using for a UVB ? coil or a tube fixture and where in the tank is it? Basking temps and how are you taking them?
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Behavior