Getting larger and larger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
So the tests Came back negative for parasites and they managed to miss placed my CBC test the blood count. Still not eating bugs barely touch the salad yesterday and I’m afraid if I keep doing the syringe thing that he’s going to get used to it and then when it all the time. Other than all this Bump under her throat has been getting bigger and bigger is this normal it is not hard it is squishy but it is getting huge lately this started when she stopped eating and has progressed in progress into these

View media item 23244View media item 23322View media item 23251

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
I did last week and spent 350 dollars on all kinds of blood panels and fecal tests and what not. They saw nothing wrong but they did misplace my cbc (the blood count). Not sure how and they told me if i wanted to go back in to get it done they wouldn't charge me. But i don't want to do that if i don't have too she actually ate 2 superworms today and a little salad. Why do you say take her to the vet after i posted these what do you think is wrong with her neck. The vet didn't mention anything but what do you think?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I don't know just that it is unusual- maybe Tracie can help out here- the CBC would be nice to have so she could read it--- how did they manage to misplace the blood work?

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
I have no clue they said they were gonna try and track it down by tomorrow can you maybe ask her to comment on my post last time I pm her I got no reply

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Shes busy she may get back w/ you later tonite - shes in Texas if that helps at all --

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
So it seems a little smaller and she ate some of her food. It’s real hard to tell but I think it’s gone down a little and it seemed real big when she woke up so it’s almost like she ate some greens then it went down a little weird

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is an unusually large beard. I would say that it is almost positively either an abscess,
or some type of tumor. I am very surprised the vet was not alarmed at all, because that is
not normal. Did this come on slowly or all of the sudden?

Tracie

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
All of a sudden within a few days. It almost seems like it has stopped or even gone down. It most definitely has not gotten bigger but hard to tell if it’s getting smaller. She’s eating more. Got the blood panel back to there was nothing wrong with that I guess. So after decals and CBC she has nothing wrong. I’m gonna watch it over the next day or so before I drag her back into the vet it was really hard on her do you think they hurt her mouth or neck in some way?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Perhaps what was there is being reabsorbed. Hopefully that's it and there are no further issues from it. Just keep monitoring it for now.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
yeah, it most definitely hasn't got bigger if anything it has gone down a little. She even ate more today than she has in a long long time. So she has acted more like herself these last few days than she has in a long time. So I'm just so confused I'm gonna get her in next week if it starts getting bigger again I just don't want to stress her with another vet drive it's far away and it was only a week ago we went last. Plus is expensive so yeah I've been watching her as much as I can and my wife is when I'm not. Her 4x2x2 PVC comes in tomorrow with a new arcadia UVB fixture and 12% bulb. With a nice led bar to keep it nice and lit for her. She's in a 63 gallon right now so this will be her last move I plan on making that her perm home. So the increase in appetite, more constant temps, no more reflection to fight, a better UVB. I'm hopeful and will pull the trigger on the vet thing if it gets any worse. As always thank you too, everyone, who helps and replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom