EARLY ONSET TAIL ROT??

Status
Not open for further replies.

clyde612

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Hi there,
I was giving my baby beardie a bath and notices that just the very tip of his tail is dark! I know shedding can make their tails darker, but it seemed like just the tip instead of a gradient from lighter to farther (which I assume is more like a shed). It is very small, not too concerning, but if I should act fast I will... I'm not sure if I should just keep an eye on it or inspect and call a vet... I also have no idea how to attach a photo on here lol

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
clyde612":7ushk4vh said:
I also have no idea how to attach a photo on here lol

figured it out, as you can see, it is a very small dark spot right now

IMG_0594.jpeg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Unless it has some sort of injurie like a pinch or been nipped by another dragon it is more than likely NOT tail rot but shed --- can you post a different pic of the tail in question like closer pic of the area your talking about

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
KarrieRee":1qxq6ur2 said:
can you post a different pic of the tail in question like closer pic of the area your talking about
yes!
full

full

I'm sure it's fine, I'm such a helicopter parent with my new little buddy <3 what do you think? I'll keep on eye on it for sure...

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Thanks everyone! It was just shed :) I'm such a helicopter parent lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom