Thrown Out of the Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sometimes I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut. I was at a local big chain pet store pickup up some supplies. Anyway as I stood in the retile section I was listening to an employee pushing coil UVB bulbs as okay for beardies as well as freeze dried food, and red light bulbs for night heat to a customer buying a new bearded dragon. I decided to interject myself into the conversation and in a polite way said to the person buying the dragon that everything they were told was incorrect. The store employee said I was incorrect. When I asked how many dragons they had cared for personally they walked away and I had a talk with the customer. The employee came back with a manager and I was asked to leave the store for spreading false information. I basically laughed at them both, placed all the items on the shelf I was going to buy and left. I only hope the couple buying the dragon listened to me after I left.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
This is just infuriating. Sometimes, I think the best thing to do would be to prevent reptiles from being sold in "big box" stores altogether, but I can't think how to do that without hurting small, reputable reptile stores. They're pushing that stuff because of the companies they do business with, not because it's at all good for the animals... the almighty dollar. :angry5:

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I have yet to be thrown out but, I have done the same thing many times at the same store.
You sir are a hero in my eyes!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom