Overweight and limp tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
URI's aren't always caused by bacteria, so medicines/antibiotics wouldn't help if it was viral. Nebulizers can help though.

It is odd for a URI to last this long though, I'd start wondering if there was something else at play at this point.

-Brandon

Emilio

Original Poster
We just purchased the light set up you suggested today. We have not gotten the nebulizer yet but if you have suggestions there I would appreciate any help. We want to do anything we can to help her. We started her on supplements and immune boosters but that seemed to make her worse. I’ll try to pull together her doctors details tomorrow. It’s quite lengthy. Does Tracie have an email or is everything through this site?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok the screen on your tank is a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide holed type- ? If it's a fine mesh it needs to go inside the tank 12-15 directly above the basking decor a wide holed type it can sit on top directly above the basking decor approx 8-10 inches-- you can PM Tracie find her username click on it look for PM on the left side of page

Emilio

Original Poster
She is definitely reacting to the new UV set up but she sounds horrible. We called the vet just to check in and see what she thought of all the changes were making and the nebulizer, she is back in Tuesday.

Based on all we hear the nebulizer with coloidal silver seems like it might be the best bet. There is so much history in her paper work, I can’t possibly add it all to the site we have been to the vets that many times. The gist is they can’t find anything wrong with her besides she needs to loose weight. She’s a big girl. But they aren’t worried that is causing this phlegm issue. They ruled out pneumonia, blood work looks great. Just a mystery! I even mentioned could it be a tumor or something we’re not looking specifically for and they ruled it out.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If the blood work looks great and the white blood cell count is low, then perhaps she is not fighting an infection and something else is at play, as mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom