Potentially stupid question about UVB...

This forum is for advanced discussions on Lighting and Enclosures. Advanced discussions are those that are not necessarily for the general hobbyist, contains practices that should not be applied by those lacking experience, or may be for theoretical discussions that we do not want to have confused with recommended care.

Potentially stupid question about UVB...

Postby cptndunsel » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:51 pm

Does the light fixture play any role in the output of UVB light, or is the bulb/reflector the only thing that I should be concerned with? Thanks to any who answer, I realize that this might be a dumb question and that I am probably overthinking things. But I want to be thorough.
cptndunsel
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Potentially stupid question about UVB...

Postby CooperDragon » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:43 pm

The fixtures themselves are standardized for size/wattage so they have less of an effect as long as the manufacturer adheres to good quality control standards. From what I've seen, the output is more directly affected by the reflector. The bulbs are also standardized as far as size and wattage, but vary between brands in terms of quality control and the internal components. It definitely makes a difference when you invest in a high quality brand like Arcadia.
CooperDragon

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Lighting/Enclosures