Bearded dragon gets close to UV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, so usually my beardie is out basking under her heat lamp, but these passed few days she’s been climbing high on her branch and going right under the UV bulb, and i’m worried she’s too close to it. Is this a problem and why is she doing it?
109154-1186152869.jpg

LoraLizard

Original Poster
loljelloclowdz":1ig8xnbr said:
Have you replaced the bulb every 6 months or so?
It’s been about 8 months and i just replaced it and i noticed she stopped going under it so often

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
T 8's need to be inside the tank bulb unobstructed no plastic cover no screen 6-8 inches directly underneath-

LoraLizard

Original Poster
KarrieRee":33pa3jgw said:
T 8's need to be inside the tank bulb unobstructed no plastic cover no screen 6-8 inches directly underneath-
Yes i have it under the mesh inside the tank velcroed on the sides, and then it doesn’t cover the whole tank about 2/3 of the tank

LoraLizard

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3lafb70b said:
Ok sounds good - any difference in the behavior?
Yes actually. I just posted about this aswell, but she hasn’t been eating much. Won’t eat her worms or crickets, only her salad. She also has been hiding more often under dark places, yesterday she was out basking but she went back to hide today.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She is in the semi brumation phase it sounds like--- most are off their food now not eating as much pretty common -- as long as shes still eating and basking not losing weight your good --

NivAndBlu

It's normal! It happens to me and it happens to be the warmest spot of the tank. So don't worry mate, it's how bearded dragons like to stay warm :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom