Bearded dragon got sucked up

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yep that's normal on both- it's gonna take him some time now after that incident w/ the vacuum- you will haft to be patient and go slow- I would try hand feeding him some BSFL - trust and that may take some work

Feetlover01":2f5kkca4 said:
KarrieRee":2f5kkca4 said:
Mouth open? Is he under his basking light w/ his mouth open? That would be gaping?
He does that but basking temps are 105. But he opens his mouth when a hand comes near him.
Prolly bc he thinks u will suck him up with the vacuum again lol

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am happy to hear that he is definitely on the mend. Just go slow with him, & he should
gradually calm down with you & be able to be handled more. That was a very traumatic
experience that he went through, one that he most likely will remember for a long time.

Tracie

DeadEyeEuphoria

I really don't mean to come down on you but, Honestly you really shouldn't have a dragon if u can't even take it to the vet and let alone not able to pay for it! Your best thing to do if not take to vet, is maybe rehoming him on Craigslist to someone who can afford a higher demand pet such as a beardie! hell even a sick/broken dragon will go for at least $100, and more with supplies. I know selling him might break your heart but think about the dragon more than yourself...... Just hoping for the best is damn close to neglect if you ask me, and you are still in the "accident" side of things, but day by day you turn yourself from someone who cares, to someone that really shouldn't have pets to begin with.

I do hope he gets better but if he doesn't please do the right thing and get him somewhere that can offer a better situation!!!

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
DeadEyeEuphoria":3s503srk said:
I really don't mean to come down on you but, Honestly you really shouldn't have a dragon if u can't even take it to the vet and let alone not able to pay for it! Your best thing to do if not take to vet, is maybe rehoming him on Craigslist to someone who can afford a higher demand pet such as a beardie! hell even a sick/broken dragon will go for at least $100, and more with supplies. I know selling him might break your heart but think about the dragon more than yourself...... Just hoping for the best is damn close to neglect if you ask me, and you are still in the "accident" side of things, but day by day you turn yourself from someone who cares, to someone that really shouldn't have pets to begin with.

I do hope he gets better but if he doesn't please do the right thing and get him somewhere that can offer a better situation!!!

How many times do the mods have to say to stop with personal attacks?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Any updates for us today? We are all pulling for him & hope he is continuing to improve.
****Let's stay positive here, please. It doesn't do anyone any good to demean them in a
situation such as this.***************

Tracie

loljelloclowdz":1t7ousqf said:
DeadEyeEuphoria":1t7ousqf said:

How many times do the mods have to say to stop with personal attacks?

y do u think they are "attacking"? if they cant afford to care for the pet and all of its needs, they shouldn't have it. yall so sensitive about the truth.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Those pursuing judgement need to cease doing so. Until you are in the individual shoes you are in no position to judge. One day, it could be you who may be in a position in which you aren't able to afford something that is needed. Judging someone is not helpful & usually only invites guilt which doesn't help the dragon.
Please refrain from judging the OP because you may not know the entire story.

Thank you,
Tracie

Feetlover01

Original Poster
Hi
He is actually doing very well. Starting eating 12-14 crickets in cricket keeper. Usually give him 10 minutes. Still eating around 20 nutri grubs daily. I try hand feed him dandelion greens. He will eat pieces if I drop it around him. Just not from hand. He's gotten his speed back. Nice chase get him removed from tank. Just very aggressive lately. If you peep on him he opens mouth an beard turns black. I use a glove to remove him. He does bite. Probably my fault with vacuum. But hoping he will get out of this stage when he's a adult. Been using a probiotic powder on the greens 2-3 times a week. Just help him feel alittle better. Do you have to use calcium without d3 on everything but the nutri grubs. At every feeding was told this is best. But with nutri grubs didn't think i needed it. Hes actually gotten alittle bigger. So may have to change a few things. So he doesn't get out. Have two golden retrievers. Don't want him become lunch. Was told by my dogs vet to not let them interact together. Because of the bacteria reptiles have. Also these dogs are a family members responsibility not mine. Don't want to get into personal details. But my beardies will be covered once I pay off my care credit. I have over 5k in vet bills with care credit. Because of trying save my blue iguana but in the end hes not with us. I mean blue as same type of green iguana not the endangered species. But in the end my prays helped this little guy. I assure you my beardies are in good hands. Was honestly just a stupid mistake. Why I make sure my heads clear. So something like this doesn't happen again. But one thing I hate. Is the bogus info pet stores give new owners. Glad I saved this woman a heart ache. An she put the heat rock back on the shelf. Pet stores cause foolish mistakes that can be avoided. Not saying what I done is any better. But what I done is a accident. Just don't be lazy save time. Like myself

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Your insects except the BSFL need to be dusted w/ calcium D 3 every feeding ONCE per day- so if your feeding insects 2 times per day only do it once-- the calcium w/ out D3 should be fed when insects drop to 2-3 times per week and thats if your using a T 5 bulb -- you wont need to feed w/ D 3 as often and you should go to the w/ out D 3 but I would start using w/ the D 3 now - hes a baby so he needs it unless Tracie specifies other wise I would do that

Feetlover01

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3boo6kw7 said:
Your insects except the BSFL need to be dusted w/ calcium D 3 every feeding ONCE per day- so if your feeding insects 2 times per day only do it once-- the calcium w/ out D3 should be fed when insects drop to 2-3 times per week and thats if your using a T 5 bulb -- you wont need to feed w/ D 3 as often and you should go to the w/ out D 3 but I would start using w/ the D 3 now - hes a baby so he needs it unless Tracie specifies other wise I would do that

So you use calcium with d3 once per day? Thought it was twice a week. An use the calcium without d3 on everything but the nutri grubs?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
As young as he is calcium D 3 once per feeding lightly coated 5 x per week-- vitamins w/ beta carotene once per feeding 2 x per week-- approx one year depending on the UVB your using the calcium w/ out D 3 should be fed in your insects- BSFL do not need to be dusted they are calcium enriched

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Good to hear from you, it sounds like your dragon is doing quite a bit better now. Continue
to work with him so he will become comfortable with you again after his trauma.
I agree with Karrie, D3 is good to use if you are not using a real strong bulb, but don't overdo
it.
If you are using a good UVB light, you can use calcium without D3 more often than with D3.
At any rate, for his age he does need calcium 4-5 times per week for growth.

Tracie

Feetlover01

Original Poster
Ok will use calcium with d3 mon though Friday once a day. Using the t5 reptisun don't know of any other bulb. No screen just bulb to beardie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom