YF:Voriconizole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey friends!

My vet thinks my baby boy has YF (she’s like 80% sure). She’s given us a couple options and we have decided to start him on Voricozanal (I suck as spelling) and betadine baths. But DANG this stuff is PRICEY!!! I was wondering if anyone has any personal anecdotes or experience with it? What’s it’s shelf life like? Is it worth the price? We’re still getting a lot of details via email from our vet but I figured I might-as-well ask on here.

Potato & Suka’s Momma

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh , sorry to hear this. :( Did the vet just make a visual diagnosis or a skin scrape to check under a microscope ? Post some pics here, some of us are very good at visual I.D.
You'd be surprised at how many vets think that natural yellow + orange color is Y.F., so just to be sure post some pics here.

sukasmomma

Original Poster
Thanks for the response!

She’s only done a visual. She said we could do a biopsy for confirmation but with how little he is, what it looks like, and how pricey it is we’re leaning towards just going forward with the meds. The biopsy would have to be sent to Florida (I’m in Alberta, Canada).

Here’s some visuals;

109007-440494665.jpg
109007-8006398915.jpg
109007-5519230710.jpg

sukasmomma

Original Poster
I just realized the last photo doesn’t show it well but he’s also got a dime sized yellow section growing on his throat.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I don't see anything, is there something near his eye ? There's no Y.F at all on his throat. Try to get closer pics of the areas you're worried about. I do see the tiny spot under his mouth but there's no resemblance to Y.F. right now.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree based on the photos I don't see signs of YF. It does look like he's about to shed along his beard and jaw. The dull, waxy areas indicate an oncoming shed rather than illness as far as I can tell. If you provide closer photos of the areas you're concerned with, we can take another look though as mentioned.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I totally agree, based on the pictures, I don't see any evidence of Yellow fungus either.
It is most likely just some old, dry skin that will eventually shed off.
Voriconazole is relatively pricey but honestly I don't think your dragon needs that.

Tracie

sukasmomma

Original Poster
Apologies for the delay on some better images, and I’ve been working and my boyfriend is terrible at getting a good pic..

109007-4004308186.jpg
109007-359077137.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom