7 month old bearded dragon stopped eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon this evening?
Are you using any probiotics while she has been on medications?
I am not seeing any sores in the mouth, but it could just be the picture quality here online,
but is it extra red in color or irritated?
The leg soreness or paralysis is somewhat common after an injection, especially if a nerve
was hit during injection.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Alliemc1234

Original Poster
Yes, it's red and a little swollen on the roof of her mouth on 1 side. I will try to get a better picture, I'm just worried about infection and it getting worse.

Alliemc1234

Original Poster
Drache613":k95la6ze said:
Hello,

How is your dragon this evening?
Are you using any probiotics while she has been on medications?
I am not seeing any sores in the mouth, but it could just be the picture quality here online,
but is it extra red in color or irritated?
The leg soreness or paralysis is somewhat common after an injection, especially if a nerve
was hit during injection.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

She is still not eating and it appears more swollen than yesterday. It definitely looks red and irritated. And no I did not give her any probiotics and she is off the medications now.
110146-8087938069.jpg
110146-6724462090.jpg
110146-7343394705.jpg
110146-7343394705.jpg
110146-8716661641.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I see the red area. You might want to swab it with some MaxiGuard gel to help keep it clean. An oral cleanser may help reduce irritation and swelling.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, I do see the red irritation now.
Have you been able to get her to eat anything yet?
As suggested, try the maxiguard on that area, daily to try & get that cleared up. You can also
try using some honey dabbed on that too, but be sure to thin it out with some water water, first.

Tracie

Alliemc1234

Original Poster
Drache613":1qd7b3ii said:
Hello,

Yes, I do see the red irritation now.
Have you been able to get her to eat anything yet?
As suggested, try the maxiguard on that area, daily to try & get that cleared up. You can also
try using some honey dabbed on that too, but be sure to thin it out with some water water, first.

Tracie
Yes, she ate 2 hornworms yesterday. But I noticed she had yellow snot too, could this be a sign of respiratory infection? Should I take her to the vet?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Not necessarily, but keep an eye on it. If she starts acting more lethargic, wheezing, or if you start to see a significant mucous buildup around her nose and mouth then it may indicate an infection and warrant a vet visit. I'd just observe for now though.

Alliemc1234

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2n3xnwul said:
Not necessarily, but keep an eye on it. If she starts acting more lethargic, wheezing, or if you start to see a significant mucous buildup around her nose and mouth then it may indicate an infection and warrant a vet visit. I'd just observe for now though.

Thank you!

Alliemc1234

Original Poster
I do have a vet visit scheduled for her, but the earliest they could do was February 9th unless she gets worse and then they can see her for emergency care. So for now, I'm going to do the recommendations that you guys gave me and if she gets worse I'll call the vet back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom