Female being aggressive

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
I have a older male (almost 3 yrs old) and a female ( 7 months) and when I put them together outside their enclosure i observe them and she bobs puffs beard and will ram/peck at him strange thing is its a new behavior for her she hasn't always been aggressive to him he doesnt even give her any attention either maybe it's that or hormones? His personality is very stoic laid back and wicked friendly hes also in a semi-brumation period so they are not together outside their enclosures

Any help is appreciated Thank You

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Not sure w/ that behavior but I would keep them apart --- it sounds like shes trying to provoke him and that type of behavior you dont want him responding -- and unless you want babies I would keep them apart for that reason as well --- dragons are territorial and she may be doing this as to protect her territory --- dragons fighting is not a pretty thing and some bad wounds could occur including death --- you are housing them separately correct?
Karrie

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":3qde3e21 said:
Not sure w/ that behavior but I would keep them apart --- it sounds like shes trying to provoke him and that type of behavior you dont want him responding -- and unless you want babies I would keep them apart for that reason as well --- dragons are territorial and she may be doing this as to protect her territory --- dragons fighting is not a pretty thing and some bad wounds could occur including death --- you are housing them separately correct?
Karrie
Correct 2 different enclosures they havent ever been in a enclosure together only time they are together is if I take both of them out

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would not take them out together- if she's showing signs of aggressiveness - it's going to stress him out--- and there could be some bad repricussions from it

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1w64m399 said:
I would not take them out together- if she's showing signs of aggressiveness - it's going to stress him out--- and there could be some bad repricussions from it
Was thinking the same thing as of right now hes in a semi-brumation so he hasnt seen/been with her outside the enclosure in a few weeks now it just kinda puzzles me why its starting now all of a sudden

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":3ks76b25 said:
Her response is due to her seeing him as a threat .

She's trying to drive him away.

I've see this before .

True didnt think of that I was hoping it was hormones bc I dont wanna keep them apart forever ? but they are my responsibility and their safety comes 1st just strange 1 moment they are cuddling next to each other a few weeks ago to now it's her being aggressive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom