Baby is not a fan of the healthier bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarac

Hi everyone. My baby is around 2-3 months old and she is a biiiiiiig superworm fan. I've got dubias, crickets, and BSFL too but she will barely touch those. If I wait long enough to feed her in the morning, I can get a good amount of veg, dubias, and like 1 BSFL in her before she wants her superworms. I don't even show them to her. She never really ate much and I think it was just because she didn't really like the insects. Because after incorporating superworms, she will eat a ton.

I know this is a very critical point in their life because they are growing, but she is finally eating a lot!! I can squeeze in the healthier insects, but if I only feed them she would probably rather starve especially if I feed BSFL. She really does not like those. I'm just wondering if there is any way to make them taste better or how I should be weighing the pros and cons. Limit superworms and have her eat less, or let her eat a good amount of superworms while she is growing? I swear, if it were not for the superworms she would probably eat max 15 bugs a day and some veg. With superworms she eats over 20 which is really new for her and its nice to see her eat.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Is that little Lemon getting picky ?? :) It's O.K if she only eats 15 dubias, they are better for her than the superworms and are more filling. Superworms should never be the staple for a baby. How is she doing after her treatment, same or any difference ?

sarac

Original Poster
AHBD":1uv0xj5k said:
Is that little Lemon getting picky ?? :) It's O.K if she only eats 15 dubias, they are better for her than the superworms and are more filling. Superworms should never be the staple for a baby. How is she doing after her treatment, same or any difference ?

Lol yes!!! But as I’m typing this she is chasing down some crickets! Do you think it would be okay to give her a few a day? Or should I limit it to almost no superworms at all. I swear, I am seriously trying to get her to eat mostly dubias and crickets, but she eats about a half and half ratio of good food and superworms. On the bright side i haven’t had the superworms for that long so it’s barely been a week that she’s been eating like that.

She has such a personality!! She actually knows to keep her belly a little bit empty to wait for worms lol. What a crazy girl

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.K, crickets + dubias will be great staples for her. Maybe limit the supers to just a few a day until they're gone and then don't get anymore. She''ll be fine that way and her appetite will eventually pick up.

sarac

Original Poster
Dang, I knew you would say the crickets are good lol. I hate crickets and so does my roommate when they escape!! Lol. I’ll do that then. And hopefully Lemon starts to hate crickets too and eats BSFL instead haha. So should I really just never feed superworms? Or is it okay in the future to purchase them and give as treats

sarac

Original Poster
Oh I forgot to answer the other part. She’s doing soooo good!!! I actually haven’t seen her gape at all but I am really busy because of school. But I hang out with her and feed her for a good amount of time and I haven’t seen a single gape today. Everything else is normal too. She’s a very crazy little girl lol. One more dose of ceftazidime to go!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sounds like the meds. worked and she's doing well ! That's wonderful to hear. :) As for superworms, I don't recommend them as much of a beardies diet until they are bigger + older.

sarac

Original Poster
I have to say I’m sooooo relieved. I appreciate you checking in! Now it’s just the wait for the nose plugs to come out. And okay I’ll just try to get her to eat the tiny ones and then I won’t buy them. hopefully she’ll stop boycotting all of her other healthy food soon!

sarac

Original Poster
Ok I actually just saw the tiniest gape. BUT I still think it’s safe to say that she is just about over her RI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom