Toes

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dragon seems to have 3/5 toes on his hind right leg larger than on his hind left one (the toe that is the largest is a result of a nail injury which was treated). This is the bigger toe leg.
110321-1603946183.jpg
This is the smaller toe leg. Note that the one that appears swollen was broken in the past. The vet told us that it can be treated but it would still be noticable.
110321-4016872030.jpg
He has no problems with moving around and is quite active. He eats and drinks regulary and still likes exploring stuff. No other signs of any illnes appear. His poop is normal and so is his mouth. He sleeps without problems.

Jacksonblack

Original Poster
Before you ask me, yes he uses the big toe leg as much as the other ones. There is no suspicious behavior (except for that one time last week when I saw him rubbing his beard against his rock. A scar he received some time before thar was located there so I assume that it was an itch. The scar went away once he shed.)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Toe damage can be quite common with them. Fortunately as long as the toes heal and infection doesn't set in, it doesn't seem to cause long term issues for them. As you mentioned, they tend to be able to get around without an issue. If the toes have been that way all along, it may just be genetic in this case.

Jacksonblack

Original Poster
Glad to hear that. Yes this happened a long time ago already but he never had any issues with doing anything. He runs around like he used to and climbs without an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom