Zen Habitat w/ Arcadia Set Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

lincolnsmom

I just bought a new 4x2x2 zen habitat for my beardie and I’m very excited to get it set up. In her current tank, she has a 22in t5 Arcadia 12% bulb resting on top of her enclosure approx ~10 inches from her basking spot. For her new tank, do I need to upgrade to a longer bulb at 36inches or will the 22inch Arcadia work fine? Additionally, with the Arcadia 12%, should I mount it inside of the Zen habitat or keep it on top of the enclosure? Im planning on the main basking spot being about 12inches from the top of the tank. Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a 24" Zoo Med w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 currently in the tank - I just bought replacement bulbs Arcadia's 12% bulbs -- both of my fixtures are inside the tanks- you will need to mount / hang your UVB in the tank -- you might want to upgrade the fixture to a 24" - or 36" - I am leary of anything so long in the tank as you dont want them hiding from the UVB -- It is optimal to have the basking area all in one spot but in my Zen I cant -- its in front of the tank in the middle - they will go to the light they need -- heres a pic of what it looks like -- I am using these to hang the UVB fixture they work great
https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-15-ft-Cable-Ties-Hook-and-Loop-Spool-Black-10375/304220195
97951-5464430083.jpg
Karrie

lincolnsmom

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3y0qy9va said:
I have a 24" Zoo Med w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 currently in the tank - I just bought replacement bulbs Arcadia's 12% bulbs -- both of my fixtures are inside the tanks- you will need to mount / hang your UVB in the tank -- you might want to upgrade the fixture to a 24" - or 36" - I am leary of anything so long in the tank as you dont want them hiding from the UVB -- It is optimal to have the basking area all in one spot but in my Zen I cant -- its in front of the tank in the middle - they will go to the light they need -- heres a pic of what it looks like -- I am using these to hang the UVB fixture they work great
https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-15-ft-Cable-Ties-Hook-and-Loop-Spool-Black-10375/304220195
97951-5464430083.jpg
Karrie

This is very helpful, thank you!! I love your set up :)

lincolnsmom

Original Poster
KarrieRee":4vhbvjox said:
Thank you
If you need anymore help please ask
Karrie
Hi! One more question- I moved Lincoln into her new zen habitat with the 36'' arcadia fixture and bulb about 4 days ago. For the first two days, she did not seem stressed and didn't really glass surf at all. She was quick to find her hammock, explore, and eat. Yesterday and today, she has started to glass surf and scratch at the sides of her enclosure CONSTANTLY. I am thinking it may just be relocation stress, especially because her beard isn't black or anything, but I am a little concerned. She also may be able to see me better now because her tank is near my work desk. For reference, she has the 36in Arcadia 12% mounted inside and has a basking spot at about 105F and a cool side of around 80F. Any ideas on how to calm her down?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What is the distance of the UVB from her basking spot? We just need to rule that out first? How old is Lincoln? Is she doing any digging or just glass surfing? Do you bring her out when she does a lot of glass surfing and if you do does she stop after getting put back into the tank? I am not sure why they do this I know mine did the same thing when I first put them into their Zens-- I took it as curiosity but I am not sure --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom