Rate and Critique my Vivarium

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

Rate and Critique my Vivarium

Postby Otrobison » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:04 pm

Just wanted some feedback on my vivarium, criticism are welcome and will do the best I can to make any changes you suggest. More info on interior components below. Thanks :D

-20g Glass Terrarium
-75w Basking bulb (Basking area temp: 99-103 Degrees F., I use a laser thermometer)
-T5 HO 22" 10.0 UVB Bulb and 24" Hood (Cooler side temp: 73-81 Degrees F.)

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

(Her name is Almalexia :D )
Otrobison
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Rate and Critique my Vivarium

Postby KarrieRee » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:08 pm

Beautiful tank --- but she wont be in it real long --- your screen is a wide hole type or fine mesh like a screen door -- this is important for UVB rays - if its a fine mesh the screen is blocking 30% of the rays and it would need to go into the tank or take the screen off or a way the UVB is unobstructed -- but she has a nice home --
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby Otrobison » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:10 pm

KarrieRee wrote:Beautiful tank --- but she wont be in it real long --- your screen is a wide hole type or fine mesh like a screen door -- this is important for UVB rays - if its a fine mesh the screen is blocking 30% of the rays and it would need to go into the tank or take the screen off or a way the UVB is unobstructed -- but she has a nice home --
Karrie

I already have a 40g ready for when she fattens up a bit! I am waiting on a clamp and hanger for my UVB Hood so I can get rid of the fine mesh, thank you so much! :D
Otrobison
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:12 pm

Also you might want to invest in some digital probe thermometers -- sometimes IR guns dont give correct temps as the materials throw them off like your hammock it cant read temps on hammocks -- and in case you dont have a hygrometer I would get one of those as well and place on the center back wall
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby Otrobison » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:23 pm

KarrieRee wrote:Also you might want to invest in some digital probe thermometers -- sometimes IR guns dont give correct temps as the materials throw them off like your hammock it cant read temps on hammocks -- and in case you dont have a hygrometer I would get one of those as well and place on the center back wall

Just ordered a Hygrometer with digital probe therms off Amazon, thank you so much :)
Otrobison
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Enclosures