New Beardie Owner In Need Of Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please get rid of the 13watt bulb--- they are inadequate and can and will cause all.kinds if health issues- get a hood for your T 8- you can use a Zilla hood 18" take the bulb out and put your Reptisun in- leave the cover off the hood install inside the tank it needs to be inside w/ basking decor directly underneath approx 6-8 inches-- do this ASAP
Karrie

Josedtd

is there anyway i can send a picture of my tank ? and ahh ok i would just have to get a hood then, cause ive noticed that she has very loose skin, she sleeps alot during the day (sometimes underneath the basking area at day) shes eats what we offer but doesnt seem to be getting any fatter or anything. also what did you mean by inside w basking? i have them sitting underneath this cover on the tank? also i am currently building a homemade 40 gallon tank? what hood terrarium would i need for a 40 gallon? i mean at the moment im using a 29 gallon but will eventually finish making my new one

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
Most Petco's Petsmarts carry Zilla hoods you can get that one and use your Reptisun bulb you have -- put the hood in the tank w/ your UVB directly over the basking decor piece approx 6-8 inches over it - take the cover off the hood as it comes w / a clear plastic cover over the bulb take it off put the Reptisun in and LEAVE OFF -- you want the bulb exposed --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom