Lost Baby Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmonaghan

Hi everyone,

I am new here and new to beardie ownership. My 7yo son got one and he is a fantastic beautiful little creatire. He is about 8months old and my younger daughters took him out and he normally sits with us. Anyway we have lost him. Beside myself with worry, do baby beardies go into brumation that quickly? How long have i got with a baby before he dehydrates or worse? Thank you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Where did you lose him at? In the house or outside-- babies do not brumate but if its cold where he is at he will go to sleep depending on the temp ---
Karrie

jmonaghan

Original Poster
Hi karrie,

It was inside, its frost and snow outside at the moment. We dont know what room he was lost in as the kids cant remember. He is so tame and lovable and wantato hang on chests and shoulders inbetween basking. Absolutely beside myself, i have spent the day pulling every room apart and ruling it out. In shoes, drawers behind washing machine in laundry baskets, radiators curtains, even the lining under the couch. No stone unturned. This is heading into his second night not found.

The house is big so its a guess to put basking lamp upstairs or down. We have another big search scheduled for tomorrow

Thanks for reply anyway

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Do you have any other pets? If you do you need to lock them up somewhere so if he is found by one of them it may not end so good --- check toy boxes anything where its dark and cool --
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
They like to sleep in cool places -- they are usually found under stuff like fridges dressers closets kids toy boxes not sure on that one as to why-- they have been found in bookshelves behind the books -- under clothes --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom