Probiotics, beneficial to give it to her once in a while?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staygold

Hello everybody. I am wondering if I should get my bearded dragon a probiotic and give it to her once in awhile to keep her healthy.
If yes how often would I give it to her? And how much?
I have found two different ones online.
The first I have been looking at is the bene-bac bird and reptile but everywhere I find it, it is unavailable. I asked the local reptile store for probiotics and she had the bene-bac cat and dog gel form and said it works for reptiles and to give her half a tube once a week. Does anyone know if the cat and dog one is the same or of ot works?
The second one I found is a nature Zone probiotic and Prebiotic and I'm wondering if anybody knows if this one is any good either. Nature Zone also has probiotic and colour, and probiotic and electrolyte. But I thought the probiotic and Prebiotic would probably be best.

Any input anybody has on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Have a good day!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't think it would be harmful to offer it, but it isn't really necessary. Especially if they are eating well and not on any antibiotics. I avoid using benebac because it contains a strain of bacteria that can be harmful to humans. If you handle it or handle poop and wash your hands well after, it shouldn't pose a problem though. I don't provide probiotics on a regular basis. If you do decide to offer some, then non dairy soy based yogurt works. You can also get some Reptophilus from here https://bug-de-lite.com/Item/Reptophilus

Staygold

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1ysjbfgm said:
I don't think it would be harmful to offer it, but it isn't really necessary. Especially if they are eating well and not on any antibiotics. I avoid using benebac because it contains a strain of bacteria that can be harmful to humans. If you handle it or handle poop and wash your hands well after, it shouldn't pose a problem though. I don't provide probiotics on a regular basis. If you do decide to offer some, then non dairy soy based yogurt works. You can also get some Reptophilus from here https://bug-de-lite.com/Item/Reptophilus
Okay. Thank you so much for the information. The yogurt sounds like the least expensive option. But I will also look look into the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom