Beardie ACTING EXTREMELY DIFFERENT HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi , my baby lizzy is about a year old now I recently switched her from a 40 gallon to a 75 gallon she seems to like it i think ... she moves around a lot and she never did that in the 40 gallon, she actually is not a very mobile beardie even on my bed she wouldn't move much just find a comfort spot to stay on. EVER since I switched her tank she's a lot more active ! I haven't figured out if its a good or bad thing, she seems very paranoid ...she puts her face on the glass like AS IF she wants to get out but then when I grab her she goes crazy to go back in ... I find her doing weird things like sleeping in the cool end inside water bowl ...and she would look darker than normal and lethargic looking in the eyes... her actions are confusing me and she seems act very timid with me lately any help on why she suddenly is changing will help

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you post some pictures of your tank setup along with your dragon just so we can see
how things are arranged?
A lot of times they will go through a relocation type of stress when their tank environments
are changed out. Is she basking normally right now & eating?

Tracie

twistedmemoir

Original Poster
Drache613":1wd0td0l said:
Hello,

Can you post some pictures of your tank setup along with your dragon just so we can see
how things are arranged?
A lot of times they will go through a relocation type of stress when their tank environments
are changed out. Is she basking normally right now & eating?

Tracie
Sure thing! How do I upload an image? She has been eating and pooping normally .. she basks in her little hammock but she's been in the tank for almost a month now '.. this morning she woke up and looked dark i put her lights on and sat by her tank since it's so cold in New York I try not to take her out too often

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
UVB your using and its on top of the tank ? What are her temps in the tank over nite?
Karrie

twistedmemoir

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1vu2wvu2 said:
UVB your using and its on top of the tank ? What are her temps in the tank over nite?
Karrie
Yes UVB is on the left side of her tank and her Temps at night atbetween 75 and 80 attached is a picture of her uvb

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Is your UVB a T 5 or a T 8 bulb? Placement and distance is important

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Your T 8 needs to go inside the tank -- the screen is blocking approx 30% of the rays -- the basking decor needs to be 6-8 inches directly underneath --- and I think there is no plastic cover over the bulb correct? You can hang w/ these 3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire –long plastic zip ties-- fishing line-- potted plant wire hangers--- I use this it works great cut in strips its like a Velcro strap -- https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-15-ft-Cable-Ties-Hook-and-Loop-Spool-Black-10375/304220195
After you get it situated watch his behavior and keep us posted
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks like the 18'' Zilla Slimline. With those, it's important to remember to leave the clear plastic off of the fixture in front of the bulb since it will intercept all of the UVB. Those fixtures work well, but are best at a range of about 6-8'' above the main basking area as Karrie mentioned. Moving to a T5 fixture & bulb will increase the effective distance to around 12-14'' if needed.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
If your using the zilla bulb I recommend changing it out to the Reptisun 10.0 T 8
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom