Wheezing, squeaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacksonblack

Original Poster
Did some research and the tubes are all gone from places that come to our house. The bulb there shouldn't be coil but compact. People say that they're better than coil and worse than tubes. It's hard to find the latter even when it's normal times but now? Sold out. They don't even know when they're gonna get the s**t. Compact bulb is the best that I can get.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please keep.trying the compact coils are terrible! I cannot stress this enough

Jacksonblack

Original Poster
What about the compact ones? Heard that they're better. It's the best that I can do at the moment. This bulb is the only thing that my dragon still needs. I lost my dog already in this year and I'm not letting this guy go too. Sure he doesn't show any potentialy dangerous traits (except for perhaps the squeaking) but you don't know how many times I checked his legs and the ones of healthy beardies online in order to make sure that he's fine. Or the amount of times that I basicaly scanned his poop in order to find out if he's infected. Or the amount of times that I checked his fingers because he already wounded 2 and 1 got broken. Or the amount of times that I checked his mouth, diet, enclosure, tail, eyelids, physical activity, hind leg activity, eyesight, hearing , breathing, heart beat, pooping, sleeping etc. If he dies I don't know what I'm gonna do. So you bet that I'm trying to find that damn bulb. If you're getting stressed by me not finding the best for my friend, then imagine what I'm doing with all that anxiety over everything that could happen to him. I studied the MBD through 100 times and there deffinetly hasn't been a day during which I didn't check his hind legs for signs of swelling. When he shedded and became bigger I nearly had a heart attack because his legs got wider and prayed that it wasn't MBD (it wasn't). I'm gonna get that damn bulb if it's the last thing I do

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am bad didnt realize that ---- ok use that then I thought you got the 13 watt those you DONT WANT- I am sorry --- ok so it needs to be in a reflective dome w/ NO obstruction meaning NO screen approx 6-8 inches directly over the basking decor ----- change it out every 6 months I recommend a month prior to-- here is some info on the 26 watt bulb
The 26w version of the UVB150 is similar in output to a T8 tube when using a reflector. The beam isn't as wide (depending on the length of the tube) but the output strength is very similar. If it was sitting about 6-8'' above the main basking area then it was likely providing adequate UVB. It's the lower wattage (13w) versions that cause concern since they aren't strong enough to provide adequate UVB at a safe distance.
I do recommend the tube hood as we talked earlier I would still keep trying to get that one
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Now for the wheezing and squeaking issue please record on youtube the noise your hearing w/ your dragon---- its better we see and hear whats going on w/ the dragon - Tracie and or AHBD can help w/ that issue-- post the link in the message box
Karrie

Jacksonblack

Original Poster
But in order to record it I might have to turn him on his back for a split second. It rarely happens outside of that.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Oh ok no more on the back they cant breath-- unless hes flipping him self on his back that is a issue -- so hes not doing this unless hes on his back ? correct?
Karrie

Jacksonblack

Original Poster
He's not flipping himself pn his back and if it happens it's usualy then. Rarely it's when he gets picked up when he tries to walk into plaves he shouldn't go too.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok I would get rid of those places --- if he happens to get into one of those places and ends up on his back and your not there the outcome may not be what you want --- watch the behavior after you get the UVB in the tank - he should start pooping better better appetite etc ---
Karrie

Jacksonblack

Original Poster
I forgot that those places are outside of the enclosure. His enclosure is safe from such things. The places that I was talking about were corners in the room where the enclosure is located because he's being fed with crickets outside so they can't hide under his branch or rock

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok thats good --- you might want to get him some dubia roaches if you can --- dont know what is available there for you -- here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Silkworms are good along w/ BSFL they are very small for an adult dragon he would eat a lot--
Meal worms for a older dragon super worms horn worms are all good treats --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom