Vet suggesting i put my beardie down ):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draco23

Original Poster
Draco23":mu3z3iz6 said:
Claudiusx":mu3z3iz6 said:
Medications/antibiotics can throw the bodies system all out of whack. And that can cause bloodwork values to be weird too. Especially because some antibiotics are really rough on the system.

I just found a good article that talks briefly about it in bearded dragons. And it confirmed my thoughts that the mass can be seen with X-rays. So I'd definitely get the x ray done before euthanizing. The MRI won't be necessary (expensive).

https://veterinarypartner.vin.com/default.aspx?pid=19239&catId=102919&id=8017166

-Brandon
Definitely going to run that X-ray, because i definitely want to be 100% sure. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, it is really appreciated. I’ll keep you updated on what happens. But i really appreciate you informing me because i was lost at what decision to make, now I’m more calm that i know what i need to do, much appreciated
Also any other questions you recommend me asking the vet?

Draco23

Original Poster
Draco23":x2vdtk4r said:
Draco23":x2vdtk4r said:
Claudiusx":x2vdtk4r said:
Medications/antibiotics can throw the bodies system all out of whack. And that can cause bloodwork values to be weird too. Especially because some antibiotics are really rough on the system.

I just found a good article that talks briefly about it in bearded dragons. And it confirmed my thoughts that the mass can be seen with X-rays. So I'd definitely get the x ray done before euthanizing. The MRI won't be necessary (expensive).

https://veterinarypartner.vin.com/default.aspx?pid=19239&catId=102919&id=8017166

-Brandon
Definitely going to run that X-ray, because i definitely want to be 100% sure. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, it is really appreciated. I’ll keep you updated on what happens. But i really appreciate you informing me because i was lost at what decision to make, now I’m more calm that i know what i need to do, much appreciated
Also any other questions you recommend me asking the vet?
He’s been pooping several times today

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

This is becoming way too common right now. I agree, I would definitely get an x-ray to
be 100% sure. Antibiotics are very hard on them & as suggested, can really affect the
bloodwork values.
Be sure that you keep him a little warmer overnight, to help boost his system right now.
If he doesn't seem to be suffering, he can hold on for quite awhile with you. The product,
CBD is showing some promise for cancers of all types.

Tracie

Draco23

Original Poster
Ozzyman":1v8pkhk3 said:
Awwww thats heart breaking, im ver very sorry for your loss, mine died yesterday
I’m sorry for your loss ? Draco is still with us, and i hope he’s able to push through.

Draco23

Original Poster
Drache613":2vlapreu said:
Hello,

This is becoming way too common right now. I agree, I would definitely get an x-ray to
be 100% sure. Antibiotics are very hard on them & as suggested, can really affect the
bloodwork values.
Be sure that you keep him a little warmer overnight, to help boost his system right now.
If he doesn't seem to be suffering, he can hold on for quite awhile with you. The product,
CBD is showing some promise for cancers of all types.

Tracie
I actually do have a warmer for him during the night, i hope he actually enjoys it and feels warm ? I’ve thought about CBD but never for a bearded dragon, what are the effects?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great to hear you do keep him warm overnight. Are you using a ceramic heat emitter
then? I am sure that he is very grateful for the warmth.
Start on a low dose daily, just a few drops is fine. There really are not any side effects & I
have known several people who have used CBD for their reptile, without any side effects.

Keep us posted on him! We are all pulling for him.

Tracie

Draco23

Original Poster
Update i got x ray done the vet believes the tumor is small, but says we can do the mri but she thinks we will get the same results, i feel like Dracos quality of life has decreases as of a month ago and i feel like it keeps decreasing, he kind of just stays in his basking spot all the time and only poops when i take him out to syringe feed. His only source of food is me syringe feeding, he literally pays no mind to crickets or any feeders, not even horn worms, those were his favorite. I feel like I’m running out of choices and i feel like Draco is suffering. Is it time to let go?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry Draco is having such a hard time. Have you tried the CBD yet, that is supposed to
be effective against cancer & other disease.
He is not eating much though? Have you tried hand feeding him or not? How long has he
been eating on the slurry you are giving?
An MRI is pretty expensive I know. Did the vet mention whether or not the tumor was attached
to any organ?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom