Cleaning the enclosure

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

Cleaning the enclosure

Postby Kevane23 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:56 am

What does everyone use to clean their enclosure?
Kevane23
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Cleaning the enclosure

Postby ComicBookMama » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:09 am

Baby wipes to get the waste up and out, then vinegar/water in a 50/50 solution. Deep cleaning, I get that vet approved stuff... can't recall what it's called...
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
1.0 Bearded Dragons - Figment
1.0 dogs - Ariel
1.0 cats - Skimble
1.0 husband
1.0 son
ComicBookMama
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:40 am

F 10 -- Rescue and Zoo Meds Wipe Out for deep cleaning --- those are a vet disinfectant -- they will kill coccidia amongst others--- the daily cleaning vinegar/water solution 50/50 or a little stronger on the vinegar side -- I use paper towels to pick up then paper towels and the vinegar solution to clean
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby CooperDragon » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:37 pm

I usually spray it down with vinegar and wipe it clean. Then hit it with F10 and let it dry. Sometimes I use my steam cleaner, but that takes quite a bit longer.
CooperDragon

Postby Wickedpogana » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:33 pm

With my bioactive enclosure I dont have to do any cleaning as my clean up crew will eat any shed poop and food scraps and it's way cleaner on a microbial level. It might take a little more work at first but it totally pays off with a great enchriching habitat for your reptile and something you can be proud of and not only your beardie interact with but yourself aswell .
Wickedpogana
Juvie Poster

Location: Cleveland OHIO - You Can take a Beardie out of the Wild but you cant take the wild out of a Beardie

Postby SunDragon » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:12 pm

Where do you put your dragon while you are cleaning? Can he be in while you are cleaning? And where do you keep them if you have to wait for it to dry. I’m always worried he will get too cold as my house is on the cool side right now.
SunDragon
Hatchling Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:21 pm

I have a small animal carrier I use for transporting to the vet - they sit on my kitchen table while I clean
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Enclosures