Cleaning the enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Baby wipes to get the waste up and out, then vinegar/water in a 50/50 solution. Deep cleaning, I get that vet approved stuff... can't recall what it's called...

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
F 10 -- Rescue and Zoo Meds Wipe Out for deep cleaning --- those are a vet disinfectant -- they will kill coccidia amongst others--- the daily cleaning vinegar/water solution 50/50 or a little stronger on the vinegar side -- I use paper towels to pick up then paper towels and the vinegar solution to clean

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I usually spray it down with vinegar and wipe it clean. Then hit it with F10 and let it dry. Sometimes I use my steam cleaner, but that takes quite a bit longer.

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
With my bioactive enclosure I dont have to do any cleaning as my clean up crew will eat any shed poop and food scraps and it's way cleaner on a microbial level. It might take a little more work at first but it totally pays off with a great enchriching habitat for your reptile and something you can be proud of and not only your beardie interact with but yourself aswell .

SunDragon

Where do you put your dragon while you are cleaning? Can he be in while you are cleaning? And where do you keep them if you have to wait for it to dry. I’m always worried he will get too cold as my house is on the cool side right now.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a small animal carrier I use for transporting to the vet - they sit on my kitchen table while I clean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom