Bent tail...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trixie has had a bent tail ever since I got her. She seems to be acting perfectly normal, but I just wanted to make sure it's not a fracture that has fused or MDB. I will post an image to show more detail.

trixienell1618

Original Poster
full

full

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
If it makes you feel any better - my girl has a bend in her tail as well - its sooo similar to Trixies too. It’s pretty much always been there, similar to yours. If your dragon is getting proper UVB (and UVA as well) ... with a good diet - otherwise healthy and you don’t see any signs of active MBD in its limbs/spine/jaw/etc ... then it could just be a little kink that’s part of who Trixie is. We all have little imperfections ? ... That’s the way I view my girls tail bend - it’s been a part of her for 10 years.

If you did notice other things, or Trixies set up/lighting wasn’t proper - then maybe? But she’s seems to look healthy! Maybe someone else can chime in / see something different than what I do tho.

trixienell1618

Original Poster
blue11":rwkhazmh said:
If it makes you feel any better - my girl has a bend in her tail as well - its sooo similar to Trixies too. It’s pretty much always been there, similar to yours. If your dragon is getting proper UVB (and UVA as well) ... with a good diet - otherwise healthy and you don’t see any signs of active MBD in its limbs/spine/jaw/etc ... then it could just be a little kink that’s part of who Trixie is. We all have little imperfections ? ... That’s the way I view my girls tail bend - it’s been a part of her for 10 years.

If you did notice other things, or Trixies set up/lighting wasn’t proper - then maybe? But she’s seems to look healthy! Maybe someone else can chime in / see something different than what I do tho.
Thanks for your reply! Yes she is getting proper UVB and UVA. I assumed at first that it was just a part of her personality, but I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't me being a bad daddy and her ending up getting MDB. :D

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Awesome.

I will feel really bad if I’m wrong - but just from one crooked dragon tail person to another - totally have the same thing going on with mine. And she has gotten proper UVB, Temps, Diet all her life - and the bend has been there since she was a baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom