Wheezing, squeaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I have a new beardie and there's something strange going on. When he gets puts in certain situations (like if he's turned on his back, or if he quickly climbs on high things) he makes a squeazing sound. He never makes it while walking around, or doing anything ordinary at all (like eating, sleeping, running, climbing shorter things) and whenever he does make the sound it only happens once (in one breath. It never occured more than that). It seems that he only makes that sound when he's put into a stressful position. Is this something to worry about? For other health stuff: he was never ill, he has a small scar on his lower jaw (while on his first examination by a vet he jumped away and slightly injured two of those scales), and he injured two fingers/toes (one was broken and healed though it remains slightly swollen, the other was an injured claw). He eats crickets, superworms, endive, raddichio, occasionaly mealworms. His flooring is covered with sand, but the sand itself is almost entirely covered with a rock, smaller platform-like stones, and a big branch. He spends most of his day on the rock or the branch, the stones are sand-free, and he is fed outside. He has no other health issues and his poop is normal. Now that you know that, I hope that it helps with ths original question. What is that squeaking?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
First of all a dragon cannot breath on their backs--- is he turning himself over or are you putting him on his back? What are you using for a UVB ? NO coils --- they are inadequate -- Please post pics of him and his toes that are swollen -- what is the humidity in the tank ? Is there any mucous or discharge from the nose or mouth ? What are the basking temps and how are you taking them? NO stick ons they are inaccurate
Karrie

Jacksonblack

Original Poster
I turned him over twice once when he fell to make sure that he was okay in a panic attack. UVB is exo terra. It's gonna be replaced with a reptisun (the only store that can deliver to us ran out of stock and gets a new one in 3 days). No coils. His nose and mouth are fine. Not sure how I can messure humidity and not sure what this means. I'm not from an english speaking country. Basking temps are messured with digital thermometer

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please post a pic of the UVB https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on the XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post -- you need a hygrometer for humidity reading -- place on center of back wall -- humidity levels should be above 25% like 30-40 and not above 70% --- what are you getting for a UVB ? NO coils -- it needs to be a T 5 or a T 8 bulb
Karrie

Jacksonblack

Original Poster
The UVB is packing tomorrow. Found the reptisun one. The bulb that'll come os ZooMed ReptiSun 10.0 Compact UVB bulb (if that's ok?). The old one was exo terra. Cyting the bulb: Reptile UVB150.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
NO coils return it -- compact coils are inadequate you want a Zoo Med 24" hood for a 40 + gallon tank and a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb --- please DO NOT use the coil they cause all kinds of health issues -- look on Amazon and order from there please --- these are the best on the market at this time -- you can also get a Arcadia 12% bulb that will fit that hood as well --- if you are in a warm place where temps are 65+ degrees get the dragon outside for some good UVB--- place him in a plastic tote NO glass for 15 minutes make sure you supervise --- that UVB 150 sounds like a coil one you want a bright white basking bulb not a coil type -- the bulb would be a solid white bulb
Karrie

Jacksonblack

Original Poster
The basking bulb died and an exo terra white on was already ordered. I also said that the UVB exo terra one is going away because the reptisun UVB one comes tomorrow.

Jacksonblack

Original Poster
Also have to mention that your amazon suggestion is useless for me. Amazon doesn't ship to my country. I ordered the reptisun UVB bulb (saw that people prefer it over others) and the exo terra baskin bulb (the "normal" white one). None of the two have coils. The first one is the typical long bulb which resembles a star wars lighsaber but with side holes (idk how to explain it further) and the second one is a plain white one

Jacksonblack

Original Poster
Can't get arcadia. As for the bulbs, the UVB one is the second link, and the basking one is the same as the one in the link

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The coils are no good your gonna end up.w/ more health issues and if not corrected death- please try and get what I posted

Jacksonblack

Original Poster
I slipped away. So are the bulbs that I ordered not the right ones? I ordered the one from the second link, and the basking one is the same as in the link

Jacksonblack

Original Poster
If it's not good imma have to let you know that the other one is out of stock and they don't have an exact time of restocking. It was the only non exo terro bulb available here

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please do a search on your search engine najdi.si if you can you need that UVB I posted the basking bulb is good as long as you have the correct temps --- what wattage did you order? You need a digital probe thermometer to get that actual temp --- 105-110 for a baby and 95-110 for a juvie/ adult --- please return the coil bulb do not use it --- but you need to start searching for your UVB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom