Hello from Jim and Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave93245

Hello I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and Jim the dragon. We are new to this forum and are very happy to find such a good source of info and stories about Jim's cousins out there in the world. To start Jim is about 4 months old and 14 inches long, growing like a weed, Jim is my first Beardie and I admit I got him on a whim with little knowledge about proper care, fortunately I spent a lot of time on you tube and other forums researching after I spent too much at petsmart on all the wrong stuff. Moving forward I have corrected the early mistakes and Jim now lives in a 100 gal aquarium with a nice mercury vapor basking light as well as a 32 inch t5 reptisun10, 2 ceramic heaters for night time and a couple of other lights so he has a nice controlled temperature hot on one side cooler on the other. I have been lucky with food he eats mostly Dubia roaches, some crickets a nice salad with lots of greens and the occasional horn worm as a treat and yes he gets plenty of calcium. Over all Jim is healthy, happy and we have finally developed a good relationship he was a little aggressive early on but has come to understand that when I come to see him he will get treats and now we are beast friends. So again hello everyone and thanks for setting up such a nice place to talk about our beardies.
110261-5917535494.jpg
110261-984953363.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to the forum Jim and Dave---- it sounds like you have a nice set up for him --- if you have any questions please ask
Karrie

dave93245

Original Poster
I thought I would add a couple of pictures one from when he was about 1 month old and one from a couple of weeks ago. I can't believe how fast he has grown, started at 5 inches and 4 months later he is 16 inches and 280g a little chubby maybe? been lowering his bug intake a little bit and he is eating greens everyday now.
110261-7165114186.jpg
110261-9924276317.jpg
110261-1947266176.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom