new aggressive behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, my bearded dragon is about five months old and i’ve had him for about a month. he has always been so sweet (once he got used to me), but the past two days he has been running away when i try to pick him up and opening his mouth at me. today he bit me for the first time. he he always eaten good but today wouldn’t eat any crickets. he just finished shedding for the first time since i’ve had him if that helps. thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Could be crabby from the shedding- but the UVB and basking temps in the tank have everything to do w/ their behavior and over all health ---- NO COILS NO COLORED BULBS and temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer
Karrie

emmaandollie

Original Poster
thank you! i don’t have coils or colored bulbs. i also check the temp with a temp gun. i’ll just give it some time.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Patience then -- is your UVB properly placed as well --- the T 5's and T 8's have certain distances and placement for them --- keep working w/ him he needs to learn to trust you
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom