Weird eye closing behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyLou

Hello. My bearded dragon is about five months old and just recently he has started closing his left eye a lot. It is almost always closed when I look at him. But when it is open, I don't see anything wrong with it. He still eats a lot of crickets but not a lot of vegetables. However, he does not run up to get his food like he used to. He is less active and his stool has a lot of liquid in it. I have looked online but none of the reasons seem to add up. He is kept on tile, so I dont think he has a peice of substrate stuck in his eye. He has a red heat lamp, and a UVB lamp that we got at petsmart. We've also put in a heat rock, and I know that people have had them overheating, but this one seems perfectly fine and is a very nice temperature.

Also, his legs and tail have turned white but didnt shed yet. They have now almost turned back to normal color, I dont know if this is normal or not.

Please let me know what you think this might be, thank you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The eye thing could be normal -- does he do it when hes basking? What kind of UVB are you using ? A coil or tube and where in the tank is it ? Sheds have different colors they can be dark white opaque or gray -- you can post pics of the tank and lighting if you like and of him and the tail
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on the XIMG at the top of the message box please and then click on the pic it should post
Karrie

LuckyLou

Original Poster
Thank you for your response. He does it when basking and all the time. I fed him today and he seems to have a tiny bit of trouble seeing fron that eye, but not too bad. The UVB light is a coil and I am pretty sure is a 26 Watt. It is on top of the tank in the corner and he has a basking spot right under it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am not hot on coils- the 26 watt is a Reptisun brand? If it is it needs to be unobstructed in a reflective dome approx 6-8 inches directly above basking decor-- it could be what is causing the eye issue but to be honest I would get rid of it all together- I would replace it w/ a 24" hood a Zoo Med w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5-- look on this website www.pangeareptiles.com they are the best on the market at this time-- if you need more help please ask
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom