Just shedding or tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi yes we got
Code:
our first bearded dragon in December and she seems to be growing fine basking normally and eating fine and everything she is probably 2 to 3 months old well she started shedding a couple weeks ago but I noticed the end of her tail looks shrunken and maybe discolored I know she is shedding her tail right now but is also uncomfortable When We Touch it so wondering if it could be tail rot on top of shedding I've been soaking in Betadine solut.ion also

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The tip of the tail looks like it may have been damaged at some point. If that area doesn't change or start to spread up the tail, it's not likely to cause a problem. Keep a close eye out for damage appearing to move further up the tail as that may indicate infection and need vet treatment.

PrettyGirl

Original Poster
CooperDragon":107jh3fk said:
The tip of the tail looks like it may have been damaged at some point. If that area doesn't change or start to spread up the tail, it's not likely to cause a problem. Keep a close eye out for damage appearing to move further up the tail as that may indicate infection and need vet treatment.

Yes that is maybe what I was thinking but I'm still not quite sure because like I said she is shedding but it is sensitive or doesn't like when we touch but have been soaking in Betadine solution hoping it helps but still wanting to wait and see what it looks like after the shed also kind of looks like it has a kink more towards the end also but not sure cuz her shedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom