wont eat dubias but eats supers

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys! So my beardie will not eat Dubia roaches I have no idea why. He used to love them so much and now he wont even try to eat one. He was getting super skinny from not eating so I tried giving some super worms and he loves them. He scarfs them down and has definitely put on some weight since that became his diet. Im getting worried though because I am not sure if supers can be a staple. Can anyone let me know if I need to keep trying dubias or If Its okay to keep the supers going

Ive been doing about 10-15 supers twice a day alongside a rotation of collard greens, mustard greens, and kale, but those are really not being eaten too much either Im not sure why.

Also, he seems very healthy and happy. After he eats he gets soo happy and active so I am assuming he isn't sick or anything. Also, his poop schedule is normal (about every 2-4 days, white urate, no runniness or blood)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Change up the super worms they are not a staple insect -- how old is the dragon please? You need to offer crickets or silk worms --- it sounds like maybe hes tired of the dubias ---

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
I agree with Karrie. My Figment has gotten tired of dubias, too, and loves supers... but they aren't terribly nutritious. The problem is, they apparently taste reaaaaallly good to Beardies, and the more you feed them, the more your Beardie will WANT them over other feeders. Definitely get a rotation of other feeders going ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom