Shedding baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emluvsun

I came home and my baby beardy is suddenly shedding , I didn’t know about not handling him and I picked him up and have him some food and gently pulled some of the loose stuff off , poor thing he seems a bit miserable and now I feel terrible after reading how you aren’t supposed to handle and definitely don’t pull at the skin etc...I feel really bad ... I didn’t pull anything that felt remotely attached though, do you think he will be okay? He’s only 3months x

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes no pulling off the shed -- you can gently mist him in his tank and take a soft baby tooth brush and lighting brush him to loosen the shed --
Karrie

Emluvsun

Original Poster
Thank you, he seems better today and was quite happy in the bath. He hides a lot but he could still just be getting used to the new environment (I’ve only had him a couple of weeks) . But he seems safe and happy and relaxed when I hold him so that’s good - thank you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He should not be hiding --- his appetite might be off but he should be eating active basking and pooping --- please go over the UVB your using and his basking temps and how your taking them? NO stick ons they are inaccurate and NO coil UVB's they are inadequate
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom